Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default workbook.save

Is the workbook opened in readonly mode--either marked that way (in windows
explorer) or opened as readonly or even located on a path that you don't have
write access to?

And you're sure the workbook is opening as a workbook--not a template (based on
that workbook???).

wrote:

Hi,

In a visual basic macro, I am opening a workbook (workbooks.open
filename := abc.xls), making a change to .sheets(1), renaming the sheet
and trying to save the workbook via .save. But the saveas dialog box
appears. Why? The workbook already has a name (abc.xls). I am using
window xp and excel 2000 versions.

Thanks for any help.

RK

--