Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Mark Stephens[_3_] Mark Stephens[_3_] is offline

Default Sendkeys/general automation question

Thanks for that, Appreciate the pointer will take a look,

Regards, Mark

"Gary's Student" wrote in message
Look at

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...msendkeysx.asp

for a good example of using SendKeys in a (relatively) bullet-proof
fashion
--
Gary's Student

"Mark Stephens" wrote:

Hi guys,

I am trying to fully automate a task from excel and am experimenting with
Sendkeys.

Problem is when I open another application, excel loses focus (think
that's
correct) with the result that the sendkeys command doesn't get processed.

Here's the code:

Application.ActivePrinter = "PaperMaster Converter on Ne02:"
ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut Copies:=1, ActivePrinter:=
"PaperMaster
Converter on Ne02:", Collate:=True

SendKeys ("{ENTER}")

Basically I am trying to achieve a broader automation than just excel (or
microsoft product even), so does anyone know how I can go about it. Is
there
a kind of 'global' macro that will just record the keys a user presses
regardless of application?

ANy help much appreciated, kind regards, Mark