Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
okaizawa okaizawa is offline

Default This is odd!

Hi,

are you setting in Application.MoveAfterReturn property after
Application.DisplayCommentIndicator?
test the following:

Sub Test()
Application.DisplayCommentIndicator = xlCommentIndicatorOnly
Application.MoveAfterReturn = True
'This shows False
MsgBox Application.DisplayCommentIndicator = xlCommentIndicatorOnly
'This shows True
MsgBox Application.DisplayCommentIndicator = xlNoIndicator

Application.DisplayCommentIndicator = xlNoIndicator
Application.MoveAfterReturn = True
'This shows False
MsgBox Application.DisplayCommentIndicator = xlNoIndicator
'This shows True
MsgBox Application.DisplayCommentIndicator = xlCommentIndicatorOnly
End Sub

i am testing in excel2000.
maybe this is a bug since excel97.

--
HTH,

okaizawa

wrote:
When I want XL to open with comment indicators visible (those little
red triangles in the corners of cells with comments) I type
Application.DisplayCommentIndicator = xlNoIndicator into the
Workbook_Open Event Procedure. If I don't want the comment indicators
then the value is xlCommentIndicatorOnly.
To me this is counterintuitive. Why have Microsoft done it this odd
way?
Ken Johnson