Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
keepITcool keepITcool is offline

Default sudoku

there's a sodoku solver
from Andy Pope...

and I've made my own...

a bit quicker AND in most cases manages
to solve 4x4 puzzles too...

mail me if interested.

--
keepITcool

Wim Rijsdijk wrote :

forget this one, I made a new message, without Excel-sheet
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Wim Rijsdijk" schreef in bericht
Hello,

I am trying to make an Excel-spreadsheet, based on Sudoku puzzle.

So , cells a1 to i1 have to be filled with the numbers 1 to 9, in
random order.

1

4

6

1
2
3

5

7
8
9

2

1

2
5
9

4
6

3

7
8

3

7

1
2
3
4
5
6

8
9

4

1
3
9

7
2

4
5
6

8

5

3

7

5

1
2

4

6

8
9

6
9
7

4

1
2
3

5
6

8

7
8
9

2

6

4

1

3

5

7

8
1
2

4
6
7

8

3

5

9

9

9
8

1
2
3
4
5
6
7

As you see, a1 to i1 is only filled with 4 and 6.
In columns k to s you can see which numbers are not used, so in this

example
in row 1, it is 1,2,3,5,7,8,9

The problem is, I want a formula to put on k1, with the following
needs: - check for a1 to i1 if number 1 is on it. In this example
NO. - if NO, then on k1 the number 1 has to appear
- it YES, then on k1 the number 1 has to disappear.

if((b1:j1)=1;" ";"1") is not working. What is the solution ?!?!?!?

If I have 1 formula, I can fill the other cells.

Thanks in advance, for helping me.

Greets,
Wim Rijsdijk