SR

I apologize for not thanking you earlier for your quick response. I just
found this discussion group of excel's and I am so impressed by people's
willingness to help others. So, I thank you for your time. Unfortunately, I
could not get this to work. I'm sure it is my lack of experience with
compound and complicated functions. I will continue to study your suggestion
and learn what I can from it.

"N Harkawat" wrote:

=IF(B1="in
house",IF(OR(C1="jack",C1="jill"),0.05,ISBLANK(C1) *0.06),IF(OR(C1="jack",C1="jill"),0.01,ISBLANK(C1) *0.02))
will give you either 0.05,0.06,0.01 or 0.02 as output based on the
combinatiion of data on cells B1 and c1

"SR" wrote in message
Going nuts trying to make this equation fit all possible situations - I'd
like an equation to put in G that would look at mutliple IFs/ANDs:

IF B="in house" and C=Jack then E x .05
IF B="in house" and C=Jill then E x .05
IF B="in house" and C=(no name) then E x .06
IF B=anything other than "in house" and C=Jack then E x .01
IF B= anything other than "in house" and C=Jill then E x .01
IF B=anything other than "in house" and C=no name then E x .02

Is this possible to do in one equation? All suggestions welcome. Thank
you.