Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Chip Pearson Chip Pearson is offline

Default Assigning Macro to a cell

In the Sheet code module for the appropriate sheet, use the
SelectionChange event procedure. This will execute whenever you
select a cell.

If Target.Row = 4 Then
' your code here

Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft MVP - Excel
Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
www.cpearson.com

"Peter" wrote in message
How can I get a macro to run by clicking in a cell.

I have numerous columns of data. When I click in the column
title in row 4,
I then want the data in rows 6 to 314 in that same column to be
copied to
column D. (From there it feeds through to a report sheet). I
have created
the VB for the copying and it runs fine whenever a cell in row
4 is
selected. But I cannot get it to run on its own simply by
selecting the
cell.

How is this done please?

Thank you in advance