Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Patrick Molloy[_2_] Patrick Molloy[_2_] is offline

Default msgBox pops up twice ??

when your code sets the value for checkbox2, its fires the click event.

"Tempy" wrote:

Hi all, i am a little stumped with the following:- I have an input form
that i have various textboxes and check boxes. The one box must be
clicked before the other so i put in a long if statement and if none are
checked then a message. the problem is if i click on the check box
before the first one, is that it flags it and i need to clear it again
so did that after the message, it clears it but then brings the message
up again and i do not want to have this ??

Private Sub CheckBox2_Click()
If OptionButton2 = True Then
TextBox3.Visible = True
TextBox17.Visible = True
CheckBox1.Enabled = False
ElseIf OptionButton8 = True Then
TextBox3.Visible = True
TextBox17.Visible = True
CheckBox1.Value = False
Else
MsgBox "Please first select from which year to begin " & vbCrLf
& _
" your tooling payments in order to continue", 48,
"ZA-T-M-22"
CheckBox2.Value = False

I have tried both befor and after the message

Tempy