Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jim F Jim F is offline

Default Checkmark and Value Automatically Appear in Cell

This my be to simplistic for your needs...but in the "change" event of the
checkbox try the following code (or somthing similar)

If CheckBox1.Value = True Then 'checks the state of the checkbox
Range("A1").FormulaR1C1 = 8
Else
Range("A1").FormulaR1C1 = ""
End If

"xlsmacronewbie" wrote:

I am trying to figure out how to create a macro that when the user
clicks on the checkbox, a numeric value automatically appears in a
cell. For example, I click
Checkbox 1 and the number 8 appears in CELL A1...I click on Checkbox 2
and the number 12 automatically appears in CELL A2...so on and so
forth. I am a beginner with excel programming, so any help would be
appreciated!!! :)

Thanks, Newbie

--
xlsmacronewbie