Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Protection and Grouping

If you already have the outline applied, you can protect the worksheet in code
(auto_open/workbook_open??).

Option Explicit
Sub auto_open()
With Worksheets("sheet1")
.Protect Password:="hi", userinterfaceonly:=True
.EnableOutlining = True
End With
End Sub

It needs to be reset each time you open the workbook. (excel doesn't remember
it after closing the workbook.)

big t wrote:

hi everyone,

I have a worksheet where I have grouped certain rows (using Data...Group and
Outline...Group) so I have some + and - signs down my left hand margin.

But when I protect the sheet I can't upgroup the rows!!! And there doesn't
seem to be an option for it under Tools..Protection...Protect Sheet.

Any ideas???

TIA
big t

--