bill_morgan

Kassie,

I designed another add-in that is simply a recorded macro. Now it works as
you suggested.

The orginal macro was a private sub procedure in the This_Workbook module
that posted the full name and path of the workbook to the bottom left footer
(Excel 2000). That's probably why I couldn't run it from the macro dialog
box. Here's the code for the original add-in :

ActiveSheet.PageSetup.LeftFooter = ActiveWorkbook.FullName
End Sub

Is there a way to make use of this code as an add-in, and also have it
appear on the Tools drop down menu?

Thanks again for your help.

"Kassie" wrote:

Hi Bill

What does this add in do?

"bill_morgan" wrote:

Kassie, thanks for your response. When I hit <Alt<F8 the macro dialog box
comes up - typing in the Add-In name has no effect. This is an *.xla file,
not a macro. Am I missing something?

How can I get my add-in to appear in the Tools drop down menu just like the
3rd party add-in? I can't figure out what is different between the two
add-ins.

Thanks again ...

"Kassie" wrote:

Hi Bill

Although you may not see it, it is available to you. If you hit<Alt<F8,
and type in the name of the macro it will run

"bill_morgan" wrote:

I installed a 3rd party Add_In through Tools/Add_Ins/Browse ... and then
clicked OK. The new Add_In name now appears in the Tools drop down menu.

So far so good.

Then I created my own Add_In (.xla file). I followed the same procedure as
above, but my own Add_In does not appear in the Tools drop down menu even
though its box is checked in the Add_Ins Available dialog box.

What further steps do I need to take to get my new Add_In to appear in the
Tools drop down list?

Thanks for your help ...