Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Version Control

Adrian,

One asks to ask, if you only want them to use the latest version, why not
just delete the older versions?

Another approach is to put your code in an add-in, store it on a shared
drive, and then they can only use the latest.

--

HTH

RP

"SandyUK" wrote in
message ...

I am trying to ensure that all the users of a workbook are all using the
same version as there are 10+ versions out there which look similar and
do similar things but slightly different results and no joy asking
people to just use the new version.

I was thinking that something along the lines of a bit of code that
compares a version number in the code with a number in a specific cell
of a workbook on a shared drive and if they dont match a message box
saying to use the current version then close the workbook.

Regards

Adrian

--
SandyUK