Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Norman Jones Norman Jones is offline

Default Microsoft Visual Basic Run-time error '1004' No cells were fou

Hi Paul,

Whilst this may have no relevance for your user, if years were the number of
times that I have been assured categorically by a user of something that
subsequently transpired not to be so, I should either be dead or in the
Guiness Book of records.

With relevance to your user's code, I would expect the reported error if no
blank cells were discovered and, in any event, I would strongly advocate the
use of error trapping. Indeed, I would suggest that any use of the
SpecialCells method should always include a suitable error handler.

If the user's error truly is intermittent, without change of data or
circumstance, I regret that I have no additional suggestion,

---
Regards,
Norman

"Paul Riker" wrote in message
The weird thing is that other users run the same macro on the same
spreadsheet and don't have any problems. This problem only occurs on his
computer after a reboot. After he tries it several times it eventually
works,
without making any code changes.