Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default DELETE COLUMNS ONLY IF THERE IS NO DATA IN THE WHOLE COLUMN

If every column has a header in row 1, you could just change this line:

If Application.CountA(col) = 0 then
If Application.CountA(col) <= 1 then

Juan wrote:

Hello Norman,

thanks for the quick reply. Actually, I need for it to look after row 1.
Your macro does work if I delete data on row 1. Becasuse Row 1 is my headers.
So the macro will not delete because there will always be a header.
Hope this is clear sorry didn't explain it early.

Please advise how to modify to do this.

Thanks,

Juan

"Norman Jones" wrote:

Hi Juan,

Sorry, misread hide for delete.

To delete empty columns,try:

Sub Tester02()
Dim col As Range
Dim sh As Worksheet

Set sh = ActiveSheet '<<===== CHANGE

For Each col In sh.UsedRange.Columns
If Application.CountA(col) = 0 Then
col.EntireColumn.Delete
End If
Next col

End Sub

---
Regards,
Norman

"Juan" wrote in message
need to delete any column only if there is no Data in the whole column
Sample data i Have:
PART# Apr03 Apr04 Apr05 Aug03 Aug04
Dec03

ZDTD1 0.0247 2.5 2.4
KEF4 0.1349 538 2.6

So my end result should be:
PART# Apr03 Apr05 Aug03 Dec03
ZDTD1 0.0247 2.5 2.4
KEF4 0.1349 538 2.6

Please advise. Appreciate any feedback/help

Thanks,
Juan

--

Dave Peterson