Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ernesto[_3_] Ernesto[_3_] is offline

Default Inserting formula with absolute cell and relative cell

hello, this is my first time here. a friend suggested that you all
could help me out. here is the situation.

i have a set of data which i need to insert a formula for. i need to
insert the formula and make sure that one of the cells that the formula
is using is abolsute and that the other is relative.

example:
I have a list of data in column A. A1 contains the number which needs
to be absolute. A2:A4 contain the data that should be relative. B will
contain the formulas. B2 should be something like this =A2/A1, B3
should be =A3/A1..etc.

I decided to approach this by name A1 as MyCell...but i cant seem to
make a formula which will include the other relative cells...Help!!

thanks!