Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
mykaltx mykaltx is offline

Default weights

I am trying to find a formula for vlookup and sumif.
I am trying to build a spreadsheet for our drafting dept.
The weights are being calculated by hand. I think it would be easier if
we had a spreadsheet.

For example, I have a channel that is C 8 x 11.5 the length is 7ft
6inch. The weight of the channel is .852 pounds per foot. I am able to
calculate that in excel and come up with 86 pounds rounded. The
material will change every time and the weight of the material will
change every time. The length of the material will also change. I can
input the length every time. What I want is to create a list where
excel will do VLOOKUP and pull a different item every time something is
typed in.

I have put the spreadsheets on my web page. www.mykaltx.com.
If you have any problem I have put my email on the web page.

--
mykaltx
mykaltx's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=22055