Martin P

This is if you do not want to use a macro.
With your information for the 30 players in cells A1 to A30, enter the
following.
In cell D1:
=C1+ROW(C1)/1000
In cell E1:
=RANK($D1,$D$1:$D$30)
In cell F1:
=ROW(A1)
In cell G1:
=A1
In cell H1:
=VLOOKUP($K1,$F$1:$G$30,2)
In cell I1:
=SUMPRODUCT($B$1:$B$30,--($F$1:$F$30=$K1))
In cell J1:
=SUMPRODUCT($C$1:$C$30,--($F$1:$F$30=K1))
In cell K1:
=SUMPRODUCT($F$1:$F$30,--($E$1:$E$30=F1))
Copy down.
Range H1:J30 gives the information in the order you need.

"Soz" wrote:

Who can help please?
I am running a football league for a group of friends. I have a table which
shows how many points each one has accumulated. I use the "range" function to
show which position each person has in the league. What I would like to do is
to have on a separate table the same list but this time I would like it to
show their names just like a normal league table, ie. most points at top,
least at bottom.
I have 3 columns, Column A has a list of names, Column B shows their
position and Column C has their points. At the moment we are 30 people.
Can someone help to make a proper table.
Hope so.
Best regards
Soz