Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Listbox use in Excel Listbox use in Excel is offline

Default Cell value Change Event - Need to activate macro

Hi Tom:
Thanks. I have a list box that a user slects from and I do several simple
automated (excel fomula calculations that happen quickly). This is the first
part of the result.
The second part of the result requires some deeper calculaitons that require
a macro to run. After the macro runs the second part of the result is
"UPDATED".
My problem is that the user is looking at the "OLD" part 2 of the result
UNTIL he/she clicks the Button to activate the macro. As a minimum I want the
user to see blank cells before the new result (part 2) is displayed.
SO - it is not a DDE cell
I am using Excel 2003
I actually have 6 listboxes and as soon as the user makes selection in each
of the 6 boxes, I get the Part 1 of the result show up almost instantly
(which is nice).
However, If I hook the macro (for part2) to eachof the listboxes, the
process becomes very slow - because EACH list box invokes the macro.

I looked at the "Change event" thread , but I did not understand how to code
"if the cell value changed from before"

Thank you for your help
manda

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

What causes the value of the cell to change?

Is it a DDE linked cell?

Is it a formula?

Is a selection from a listbox causing the change (then what about using the
change event of the listbox?)

What version of Excel?

Details would be important.

Also, if it is a listbox selection triggering the change, then what help do
you need?

Tom Ogilvy

"Listbox use in Excel" wrote
in message ...
Hello:
I have a problem similar to the timed macro question earlier. I have a

macro
which I need to activate automaticalluy (without user intrervention)
whenever the value of a cell changes (For example - clear the contents of

specific range where the results would go).

Any help would be appreciated
thanks
manda