Transplanted Buckeye wrote...
Will the dates display as numbers even if the cells have been

formatted as
dates? As I migrate, there are two things I prefer Lotus 1-2-3 over

Excel
are that Lotus can better detect numbers and you can edit between

multiple
pastes without having to re-select what you want to paste, with the

latter
being the more cumbersome.

Formatting has no impact on the interpretation of entries, whether or
not you use transition formula evaluation. Well, to be accurate, the
Text numeric format does affect how entries are interpreted, but it's
the only one. If you format with any other number format, 1/12/2005
will be displayed in that format, but it'll be evaluated as
=(1/12)/2005. FWLIW, this is one of the reasons I always used Label
format for date entry cells in 123, and always referenced such cells
inside @DATEVALUE.

If you think these are annoying, just wait till you try Excel's DSUM,
DCOUNT, etc. and try doing anything 3-D.