Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
KL KL is offline

Default Date Problems

Hi Dean,

No need for macro I guess. Just select the column (range) which contains the
"dates", format it as date (just in case), go to menu EditReplace, in the
'Find what' box type a space, leave the 'Replace with' box blank, press
'Replace All'

Regards,
KL

"Dean" wrote in message
Someone has sent me a huge spreadsheet with a column full of dates. Well,
not really, each date has a blank space in front of it, so I guess even
though it may say 02/23/2004, it is really just a label.

I need to have the dates so I can subtract them from one another, etc.

I would like to have a macro that can go down the column (say start in
cell c5 and go down as far as c4000 and remove the space in front of each
entry. Can someone tell me how to write that macro?

Thanks much!
Dean