Leo Heuser

"Bryan" skrev i en meddelelse
Good evening, I am working with Excel 2002

I am trying to put a conditional format on a cell using data calculated in
another

A2 has the data - cell is formatted "ddd" to display day from date value
in
A1. I want A3 to change colour when A2 dispalys "Fri" but =A2="Fri"
does not work
or
A1 has date eg: 01/07/2005
A2 =A1 format is ddd (Displays "Fri")
A3 I want to conditional format but =A2="Fri" doesn't work.
How do I make it look at the value returned not the formula. I have read
many threads but cannot see the answer. Any help would be appreciated,
thanks
Regards Bryan

Hello Brian

One way is to use this formula in conditional format:

=(WEEKDAY(A1)=6)

--
Best Regards
Leo Heuser