Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default LastValue Function

You could create workbook events, ore even application events.

--

HTH

RP

"Bob Doyle" wrote
in message ...

Tim and Bob

Thanks for your suggestions.

However, I'm looking for a function solution, if it exists, so that I
can use the function anywhere, anytime, without having to do any
special worksheet-level event handlers that are, by necessity, unique
to each sheet in which I would want to trap values.

In other words, I want a generic function to return the most recent
prior value of a reference cell that I or anyone else could use just
like any other funtion in any worksheet or any workbook without any
special coding.

Is there perhaps some way to do this by having the function store
values in a comment to the cell in which the funtion resides and then
retrieve and update the values from the comment each time the value in
the reference cell changes or by some other such "indirect" method?

--
Bob Doyle
Bob Doyle's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=389218