Biff

Hi!

I don't end up with the same PAYG results that you have posted:

Dates = column A
Sales = column B

=IF(MONTH(A2)<=3,B2*0.1274,IF(MONTH(A2)<=9,B2*0.13 12,B2*0.181))

Copy down as needed.

Biff

"viz" wrote in message
. ..
Must be getting old - can't work this one out... :(

Want to calculate a weekly PAYG (pay as you go) tax, based on a variable
quarterly tax percentage...

1st Quarter PAYG tax percantage 12.74%
2nd Quarter PAYG tax percentage 13.12%
3rd Quarter PAYG tax percentage 13.12%
4th Quarter PAYG tax percentage 18.10%

Examples:

Pay Date Total Weekly Sales PAYG
30/11/2004 2,257.40 296.17
17/05/2005 2,574.58 466.00
07/06/2005 3,180.21 575.62

So when I enter the "Total Sales" figure, the formula matches the Pay Date
to the appropriate quarterly PAYG tax percentage, multiplies the Total
Sales
by that percentage and puts it under PAYG.

I hope that this is clear enough - I used to be able to do this at the
drop
of a hat, but now either the brain has slowed down or I have not had
enough
practice (probably both!).

TIA

/viz