Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Norman Jones Norman Jones is offline

Default Public Declerations

Hi Shawn,

So...I can put the Dim statements at the module level

Yes.

but have to put the:

Set WSDSD = Worksheets(1) '("Data SD")
Set WSRep = Worksheets(2) '("Report")
Set WSCri = Worksheets(3) '("YourSheet")

statements at the begining of each sub routine?

No.

You can initialise them once (as in my example Sub Initialise) and then use
them anywhere in the module - as in the demo Tester sub that I showed.

---
Regards,
Norman

So...I can put the Dim statements at the module level but have to put the:

--
Thanks
Shawn

"Norman Jones" wrote:

Hi Shawn,

Declare the variables at module level.

You can initialise them and then use them throughout the module, e.g.:

Option Explicit

Dim WSDSD As Worksheet
Dim WSRep As Worksheet
Dim WSCri As Worksheet

Sub Initialise()
Set WSDSD = Worksheets(1) '("Data SD")
Set WSRep = Worksheets(2) '("Report")
Set WSCri = Worksheets(3) '("YourSheet")

End Sub

Sub Tester()
Debug.Print WSDSD.Name, WSRep.Name, WSCri.Name,

End Sub

---
Regards,
Norman

"Shawn" wrote in message
I have a VBA Module named MasterFormulas. In it will be several
sub-routines. The first one starts like this:

Option Explicit
Public Sub MRR()

'Begin General Declerations

Dim WSDSD As Worksheet
Set WSDSD = Worksheets("Data SD")
Dim WSRep As Worksheet
Set WSRep = Worksheets("Report")
Dim WSCri As Worksheet

In every sub-routine in the module MasterFormulas, I want Excel to
remember
these declerations. How can I avoid having to re-declare these in
every
sub-routine?

--
Thanks