Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Greg Wilson Greg Wilson is offline

Default specialeffect to command button

I don't believe there is any way to change the appearance of controls either
from the Forms toolbar or from the Control Toolbox toolbar without at least
resorting to complex API code. Steve's post seems to imply that he might have
some ideas however, which has me interested.

I wrote a utility a while back that replicates the common 3D special
effects: Raised, Sunken, Etched and Bump. The effects can be applied to
either worksheet cells or to rectangles. I prefer to create my own command
buttons from applying the Raised effect to cell(s) and assigning a macro to
the special effect graphic. The cell text serves as the caption. The command
buttons thus created look identical to those from the Control Tollbox except
you have better control over the text; and the caption can, for that matter,
be a formula and thus change depending on conditions.

Using the same methodology, I suppose you could create different special
effects although I can't think of anything effective. You need to be specific
in what you're trying to achieve.

Regards,
Greg

"ilyaskazi" wrote:

is it possible to apply special effect to command button?

or other alternative...

--
ilyaskazi
ilyaskazi's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=23969