Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
jandro jandro is offline

Default Subtotals and inserting formulae

Greetings!

I am mooking for some code/advice on inserting code into the subtotal rows
created by SUBTOTAL.

Is there a way to autofill the formulae in the rows created by the function
(the subtotal and Grand Total rows)?

I work for a human services agency that tracks time spent with clients in 15
minute increments rounded to the next integer. Subtotal is a great way to
quickly sort and add these minutes together, but it cannot be expected that
the end users will be able to autofill formulae correctly. I am looking for
a way to insert some code that will sum the time units rather than the
minutes on the Grand Total row . Being as there are different numbers of
clients seen by each case manager on a day-to-day basis (resulting in a
variable number of rows filled out on the worksheet), it would be ideal to
find a way to insert a function in the last row created by Subtotal.

I hope this made sense. Thanking you in advance,

-alex