Dave Peterson

Maybe you can try this (Edit|Undo if it doesn't work).

Select your range

Edit|Replace
what: (space)200
with: ,(space)200
replace all

If you have dates in the 1900's you'll have to do the equivalent for them.

Then one more time (maybe twice):

Edit|replace
what: PM
with: (space)PM
replace all

And the same for AM.

When I did this, excel saw the cells as dates/times and I could format them the
way I wanted--but the sorts were by dates.

Kyli wrote:

I have column filled with:
'Apr 3 2005 4:37PM

And I need to change it to:
04/03/05 4:37PM

How do I get a textual date column into a sortable date/time column? I'm
having problems because it sorts everything by alpha then numeric. For
example, I have "Apr 15, 2005" before "Aug 10, 2003". I need to get these
sorted by year, month, day...not alphabetically. Thanks in advance for your
help!

--

Dave Peterson