Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jim Rech Jim Rech is offline

Default How Invisible Can You Make Your Code???

Any comments?

I have been doing an application.visible = False as part of my Excel apps
for years when users quit my apps. The reason is to seem to shutdown in a
snap rather than side there for 3 or 4 seconds running the closing routine.
Of course Excel takes the same amount of time to truly shutdown visible or
hidden (I assume). No bad side effects in 10 years so I swear by it. There
always could be some action you take in a closing macro that requires Excel
to be visible for some reason, but I haven't hit one.

Blocking the printing message box is a tough one. I don't know of a way to
do that.

--
Jim