Earl Kiosterud

Kyli,

The apostrophe (') at the beginning signals Excel that it's text, not a
date, thus it's being sorted alphabetically, not chronologically by date.
Also, there's no comma after Apr 3, which Excel needs to recognize it's a
date. And there needs to be a space between 4:37 and PM. Are they all like
this? How many are there?
--
Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com

"Kyli" wrote in message
I have column filled with:
'Apr 3 2005 4:37PM

And I need to change it to:
04/03/05 4:37PM

How do I get a textual date column into a sortable date/time column? I'm
having problems because it sorts everything by alpha then numeric. For
example, I have "Apr 15, 2005" before "Aug 10, 2003". I need to get these
sorted by year, month, day...not alphabetically. Thanks in advance for
your
help!