Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
joel joel is offline

Default Excel combo box - value list?

I created a form through VBA in Excel, and added a combo box to it. Much to
my dismay, and unlike MS Access, it seems like the only way to populate the
rowsource property is to bind it to a column on a spreadsheet.

In MS Access, you can select rowsourcetype = value list, and then hand-type
the values you'd like to show up in the combo box drop-down in the rowsource
property.

I really don't want to have to add another whole worksheet to my workbook to
accomodate a handful of options for a combo box. plus, I seem to be running
into issues if the worksheet with the applicable values is not the active
worksheet when the form is displayed. being able to hand-type the values like
you can in MS Access would be so much nicer.

Is there a way to do this in Excel? Am I missing something?

Thanks, Joel