Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Mike O Mike O is offline

Default passing a range from another worksheet

Thanks for that Steve, setting the ranges in range variables did the trick
nicely.

One question though - I know VBA doesn't require the declaration of
variables, in theory. That said, if I do a

set rng = Sheet1.Range("C4:G8")

and attempt to pass this across to a Subroutine which is expecting a Range,
I get a type mismatch. What type is VBA assigning to rng in this case? As you
pointed out, declaring rng as a Range before setting it clears up this
problem, but I'm curious to know what it's being created as, if not as a
Range.

Thanks for the help,
Mike