Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Gary Keramidas[_2_] Gary Keramidas[_2_] is offline

Default Find a match and display a message

how about posting an example of what you have and what you would like?

--

Gary

"Woody" wrote in message
Oh nice thanks.. I would need to do this for 80 variables. Is there a
better
way to have it look at a whole Row?

"Gary Keramidas" wrote:

maybe this is what you're looking for

=IF(OR(A1="a",A1="b",A1="c",A1="d"),"found","not found")

--

Gary

"Woody" wrote in message
Ok that works thanks.. Is it possiable to have multiple IF's on the
same
line?
Where if the value I put in is A or B or C or D it returns the value?

example:
=if(a1="A;B;C;D","found","not found")

"Anne Troy" wrote:

=if(a1="mmm....doughnuts","found","not found")
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"Woody" wrote in message
I am just delving into Excel other than the basics and I am trying
find
way to search a row and if the variable is found I want to return to
another
cell a message like "Value Found" or something like that. Not sure
which
Function to use.. Any ideas?

Thank you