Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
STEVE BELL STEVE BELL is offline

Default Keep text color from a Index Match Formula

You might try a change event.
This will fire when you enter the variable.
Trap the cell address of the formula cell and the transferred cell
trap the font color of the transferred cell and apply it to the formula
cell.

let us know if you need more help...
--
steveB

Remove "AYN" from email to respond
"Woody" wrote in message
=INDEX('Sheet4'!$A$1:$J$170, MATCH(B2,'Sheet4'!$A$1:$A$170,),
MATCH(B1,'Sheet4'!$A$1:$J$1,))

I am using the above formula on another sheet that when you type in a
variable to lookup on sheet 4, it grabs the data and puts into the cell on
sheet 1.. This works great.. BUT I would like to keep the text color from
the
data on sheet 4 so that when it does its lookup and inputs the data into
the
cell on sheet 1, it keeps the text color from the data on sheet 4.. Any
ideas?