Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Norman Jones Norman Jones is offline

Default Code slows down after a few runs

Hi Diverse Computing,

See Charles Williams at:

http://www.decisionmodels.com/optspeedd.htm

See Also David McRitchie at:

http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/slowresp.htm

---
Regards,
Norman

"Diverse Computing" wrote in
message ...
I have a some code that works fine for awhile and then suddenly slows down.
The code still works, just at a slow rate. Closing Excel, and even
restarting the computer does not "reset" the bug. I'm not sure what does,
but occassionally it will start working fine again, and then slow again.
I've narrowed it down to find that all code runs as it should except for
any
line that has to do with deleting a cell or row.

Rows(X).Delete

Every time the code reaches the line above, there is a 3-4 second delay
before it processes the line and continues to the next line. As I said
before, this is an intermitten problem and I can't point out what exactly
causes it. Has anybody had this problem before, or does anybody knows how
fix it?