Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
jackm1[_4_] jackm1[_4_] is offline

Default find all the excel files in a folder.

steve, thanks for your reply. I am utterly confused here. The code sen
may work very well but do I need to put this in a folder where all m
1000 excel files resides.

here is a more detailed version of the problem

all files have

first column, row=date
third row and all the columns with data.

emty file defined

first coulmn=date.
all othe columns empty.

Now I need to find all these empty files with dates in the first colum
but nothing else in the enitre spreadsheet.

Can I save this macro and then copy it to the folder where all thes
files are.
and then run the excel from there, would it find it. how does exce
would look outside the spreadsheet into the folder.......

Thanks for your help

--
jackm
jackm1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2539