Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jim Thomlinson[_4_] Jim Thomlinson[_4_] is offline

Default Remove links to other spreadsheets

Here is a link to an addin called FindLink. It works great for finding and
removing external links...

http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"davegb" wrote:

This is a cross post. I posted a similar message in the XL forum and
tried a couple of solutions offered there, which didn't work.
I've got a spreadsheet linked to other spreadsheets. I want to create a
copy that is not linked, to avoid the dialog boxes asking about updates
and where the files are. I already turned off "Tools, Options,
Automatically ask for updates" feature, but it still asks where the
other files are.
I followed the detailed instructions from a reccommended web page which
had me save the file under a new name and change all the links from
their original source to the file I just "save as'd", but one of the
links won't allow me to change it.
I read that an Auto_Open macro won't work because this dialog box
precedes it on opening the file.
I'm stumped! Anyone have any other ideas?