Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Code Calculation Problem

No, either don't unload the form just hide it (Me.Hide), or dump the textbox
value to a public variable before you unload it.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Shawn" wrote in message
Yes...I hid it. I think I have to define this other than a string and

write
the formula different????
--
Thanks
Shawn

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

You didn't unload the userform did you (hide it instead)?

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Shawn" wrote in message
I tired the following code and it didn't work???

Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()

Dim Ans1 As Range
Dim var1 As String
Dim WS As Worksheet

Set WS = Worksheets("Sheet1")
Set Ans1 = WS.Range("h2")
var1 = UserForm1.TextBox1.Value

Ans1.Value = WS.Evaluate("=SUMPRODUCT((A1:A10=" & var1 &

")*(B1:B10=K1))")

Thanks
Shawn

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Yep. That was easy <vbg

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Shawn" wrote in message
That did it and I could have swore that I tried that already,

several
times.
Maybe I just had typos.

One more question, I suppose this would work as well if I had var1
assigned
to a textbox value on a userform. Ie. var1 =

txtbxOccupation.value

--
Thanks
Shawn

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

LOL. I originally thought it meant cell J1 but when I saw the

extra
quotes
in your formula, I guessed you were trying to string it. How

wrong
could
be :-).

Try this line Shawn.

Ans1.Value =

Worksheets("sheet1").Evaluate("=SUMPRODUCT((A1:A10 =" &
var1
& ")*(B1:B10=K1))")

Hopefully, this is it. I had 1,2,3 in A1:A3, a,b,c in B1:b3, and

2
in
J1, b
in K1, and I got 1 in H2

Fingers crossed!

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Shawn" wrote in message
I am sorry for being unclear. In the line:

Ans1.Value =

Worksheets("sheet1").Evaluate("=SUMPRODUCT((A1:A10 =""" &
_ var1 & """)*(B1:B10=k1))")

The k1 references Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("K1"). The var1

variable
should reference the cell address

Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("J1").

I want to be able to name the cell address as variables in my
sumproduct
formula. I then want to use the variable name and the forumla
function as
if
I had entered the cell address.

--
Thanks
Shawn

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

I put J1 in A1, A in B1 and A in K1, and I got 1.

Am I mis-reading what you are trying to do with those

values?

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()

Dim Ans1 As Range
Dim var1 As String
Dim WS As Worksheet

Set WS = Worksheets("Sheet1")
Set Ans1 = WS.Range("h2")
var1 = "J1"

Ans1.Value =
Worksheets("sheet1").Evaluate("=SUMPRODUCT((A1:A10 =""" &
_
var1 & """)*(B1:B10=k1))")

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Shawn" wrote in message
I apologize in advance for re-posting this question.

However, I
haven't
got
an answer to it yet and thought a fresh string might

catch
some
"new"
eyes.
I can't get the formula to calculate correctly. If I

just
put
J1 in
the
formula, it does fine. However, I don't want to put J1,

want
put
var1.
This is vital to some significant programming I plan on

doing,
but
have
make it work on the small scale first. Please help!