Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Debra Dalgleish Debra Dalgleish is offline

Default Data Validation Drop-Down List Problem

You could name the ranges List1, List2, etc.
Then, in the data validation dialog box, for the dependent dropdowns,
use the formula:

=INDIRECT("List"&B3)

AmberLeaf wrote:
On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 22:51:50 +0100
In article
"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Thanks for the prompt reply Bob.

I've been to this site before and tried the instructions to get my
problem sorted but I just can't get it to work - I find that if I try
to name a range with a number I get an error message from Excel saying
that it's looking for a valid name for the range.

I think it's because I'm trying to pick up different drop-down boxes
from a number instead of a text reference - if you see what I mean.

Cheers

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List