Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Data Validation Drop-Down List Problem

You could try this approach as an alternative
http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.Dropdowns.html#dv

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"AmberLeaf" wrote in message
On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 22:51:50 +0100
In article
"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Thanks for the prompt reply Bob.

I've been to this site before and tried the instructions to get my
problem sorted but I just can't get it to work - I find that if I try
to name a range with a number I get an error message from Excel saying
that it's looking for a valid name for the range.

I think it's because I'm trying to pick up different drop-down boxes
from a number instead of a text reference - if you see what I mean.

Cheers