Jon1205

I am using the offset formula to try and create a dynamic range. I do not
want it to be the number of entries in column A deep. I want the group to be
9 rows deep and 6 columns wide. But I also want it to be dynamic so that it
is possible to add more rows in the future without redefineing the group.

I am having a problem when I link the group to another worksheet. It
doesn't update when I change the value in one cell, and also empty cells
contain zero. Do you have any idea as to how I can fix that problem.

Thanks

"Matt Lunn" wrote:

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is what you are intending but your offset formula
results in a range which begins in A1, is 6 columns wide and the number of
entries in column A deep. Can you please let me know why you've used the
range A1:F8 as the start range?

To use the named range in another sheet you can simply type it's name. e.g.
if you wished to add up all numeric entries in a range you could type =
SUM(myRange). How would you be using the range in your other sheet?

Thanks,
Matt

"Jon1205" wrote:

I am wanting first to name a group of cells like A1:F8 and then link that
name to another sheet. I tried to name the group using the equation:
=OFFSET(sheet1!$A$1:$F$8,0,0,COUNTA(sheet1!$A:$A), 6)
Is this the right eqation or am I missing something. Then how do I link
that name to another sheet.

thanks