Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Minitman[_4_] Minitman[_4_] is offline

Default Help With Conditional Formatting

Hey Bob,

It was indeed the "Highlight Range" that helped. I even tried to
highlight the entire area that I was trying to format (A2:W250), but
ran into the other limitation. The way the Add In is setup, it takes
ALL of the formatting (numbers, alignment, font. borders, patterns and
protection) the ones you change and the ones you don't change along
with the conditions you set and puts them into the range highlighted.
Which works if you highlight a range with common properties , such as
a column. I did not work as well where I had some columns with
currency, some with percent, some with date formatting, whichever was
in the first cell was copied to all in the range. I even tried
reformatting the individual columns and it seemed to work, until I
left that sheet and returned. The reformatted columns where turned
back into the CF Plus formats. But if I limit the highlighted range
to a column at a time, then it works. And you are right about the
ability to paste onto a different sheet, the error message says that
it won't do it and Paste Special is grayed out!!!!

Unfortunately, for this project, I must look elsewhere for a solution.
I know there is one out there. There is a post offering another beta
extended CF solution that appeared this morning, that I think I will
give a try.

Thanks for the help, at least I got to see how the CF Plus works and
it's limitations. I learned something new, and that is always good.

-Minitman

On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 08:46:52 +0100, "Bob Phillips"
wrote:

There is no cross-sheet setting I am afraid, it wasn't thought of as a
necessary requirement. May be that would be another useful plug-in to
provide that as a function, I think it would be quite straight-forward if it
were the same range and the same format on each sheet. You would have to do
each individually

When you say that you have the sheet formatted okay now, does that mean that
you have overcome those problems in the last post? One big advantage is that
you can apply more formats than built-in CF. And there is the 'Highlight
Range' function, which I like a lot.