Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Gregg[_4_] Gregg[_4_] is offline

Default Question about dim statement

keepITcool wrote:
The errors will start when you assign a variable to another
and 1 is not a variant... Or when you use a function
where either return value or arguments are "typed".

this stuff is explained in all VB(A) books.
in the first few boring chapters that many people skip cuz they want
to the more exciting stuff....

I totally misread that part in the chapter! Looking back at my notes
from when I first learned multiple line dim statements, it specifically
warns NOT to dim as I did. <jeesh Somehow, I misread and did exactly
that.

Oddly enough, since using that incorrect method for about a year now, I
have not ran into trouble until now. Lucky, I guess.

I'll be sure, however, to go back on all my programming and change the
dim statements to the correct method.

Thank you, Dave, Norman, and KeepItCool for your time and patience in
explaining this.