Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
puddlehopper puddlehopper is offline

Default Is it possible to use the MScomm command in excel's VB editor?

Thank you. This will help us immensely. It is really hard to find help on
Microsoft's website.

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

If you doe a search on Google, advanced groups,
http://www.google.com/advanced_group_search, with a search value of

mscomm vba group:*excel*

you should get plenty of info there.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"puddlehopper" wrote in message
Our computer Apps professor is bent on us using VBA for our project

because
he eventually wants us to make an Add-in out of it. Well we just need to
know if we can even use the MScomm with the Visual Basic editor found in
excel. We want to stream data into the computer and into excel and set up

graph that updates automatically. So far we've only seen that MScomm can

be
used with Visual Basic, I believe starting with version 4.