Morrigan

Use Solver to do this:

Make a new column (column B for now) of zero beside your cost. (This
is the cells you want to change)
Do a sumproduct in column C of columnA&B.
Make a cell = sum(column C) (This is your target cell)

In solver, set constraints to binary and run it.

Hope it helps

Stephen Wrote:
Hi all.

I have a column of cells that have many different values.

These values are numerical costs. ie 150.54, 5,541.00 ect

I have a numerical value that comprises of several of these cells
added
together. However I do not know which ones need to be added to get the
value
I'm looking for... Is there a function I can use that will take all
the
cells and advise which ones need to be added to equal my value? I
think this
might be a tough one..

Many thanks in advance Stephen.

--