Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
KL KL is offline

Default How do I select the first occurance of a number in a column

Hi Corner920,

You don't have to select the searched cell in order to get the value. Try
something like this:

Sub Test()
With Columns("A:A")
MsgBox .Find( _
What:=1, _
After:=.Cells(1), _
LookIn:=xlValues, _
LookAt:= _
xlWhole, _
SearchOrder:=xlByRows, _
SearchDirection:=xlNext) _
.Offset(0, 1).Value
End With
End Sub

or a slightly shorter version:

Sub Macro5()
With Columns("A:A")
MsgBox .Find(1, .Cells(1), xlValues, _
xlWhole, xlByRows, xlNext).Offset(0, 1).Value
End With

KL

"Corner920" wrote in message
How do I select the first occurance of a certain number in a column and
then,
as in the "Lookup" function, return a same numbered cell (different
column).
I have "0's" and "1's" in my column (intermixed) and I am looking for the
first occurance of a "1". I then want to look up another value in the
same
row (different column). "Lookup" function doesn't work if you have
multiple
values not sorted. I'm using Excel 2003.