Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Gareth[_6_] Gareth[_6_] is offline

Default Easier Sorting

I'm glad you found a solution - sounds like a good workaround.

Word of warning (I'm sure you're already aware), in case someone resizes
a column (obviously they can't if you protect the sheet) you should set
the textbox properties to Move and Resize with cells.

Obviously, if you need to add a new column, you'll have to add a new
textbox. If you use my solution (which has its disadvantages too) it
works off the usedrange - so it requires zero upkeep should you add or
remove columns.

anar_baku wrote:
Thanks for your responses guys. Sorry Aidey, but yours wasn't very
helpful, since it ignored my original posting and the word "Easier" in
my subject.

Gareth's was an interesting one; I might use it in the future, but I've
already found a solution, although not an ideal one. Since I couldn't
assign macros to cell text I simply made up text boxes (roughly the
same size as the respective cells) and assigned the macros to them.
Visibly it's all the same, although not the ideal solution from a
programmer's point of view!