Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
STEVE BELL STEVE BELL is offline

Default Extracting from 1 cell and placing extractions in multiple cells

Check out:

Data menu
Text to Columns

It takes a cell, or column of cells and separates the text per your
instructions -
fixed length, comma separated, space separated, etc
But it only works when each line is consistantly laid out like all the
others.

Copy one cell into a new workbook and play with it...

And if it works - you can record the steps you make and turn it into code...

--
steveB

Remove "AYN" from email to respond
"lkw441" wrote in
message ...

I receive the following data in a (3) cells:

SYS DESKTOP PIII 500 6.4 G 128M 40X 1.44(1 cell) DELL(1 cell) OPTIPLEX
GX1(1 cell)

Is there any code or command that would extract and put in multiple
cells:

Dell Optiplex GX1 (one cell) DESKTOP (1 cell) PIII500 (one cell)
128MB (one cell) 6.4 G (one cell) 40X (one cell)
The RAM (128MB) can be anywhere from 32MB-512MB
The HDD (6.4 G) can be from 1.2-20.4 G

I receive in 100 computers from a company and it takes me an hour (at
least) to type in this stuff manually.

Your help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Larry

--
lkw441
lkw441's Profile: