Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Add_Ins

Usually one group is enough.

But if you think you have to post to more than one, then you could include all
the newsgroups in one message. This is called cross posting and a reply to one
will be seen in all.

If you multipost (post separate messages), then it sometimes gets frustrating to
spend time responding in one newsgroup only to find you have an answer in a
different group.

And it makes it easier for you, too. You only have to check one location.

bill_morgan wrote:

Dave ...

I wasn't sure which place was the best to post in for this question. I got
your response and Kassie's response in the misc section - both very useful.
Thanks again...

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

You have a few replies to your post in .misc.

bill_morgan wrote:

I installed a 3rd party Add_In through Tools/Add_Ins/Browse ... and then
clicked OK. The new Add_In name now appears in the Tools drop down menu.

So far so good.

Then I created my own Add_In (.xla file). I followed the same procedure as
above, but my own Add_In does not appear in the Tools drop down menu even
though its box is checked in the Add_Ins Available dialog box.

What further steps do I need to take to get my new Add_In to appear in the
Tools drop down list?

Thanks for your help ...

--

Dave Peterson