Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Mike Fogleman Mike Fogleman is offline

Default Check to see if excel file has been saved

From VBA Help for "Saved":

Saved Property Example

This example displays a message if the active workbook contains unsaved
changes.

If Not ActiveWorkbook.Saved Then
MsgBox "This workbook contains unsaved changes."
End IfThis example closes the workbook that contains the example code and
discards any changes to the workbook by setting the Saved property to True.

ThisWorkbook.Saved = True
ThisWorkbook.CloseMike F"ExcelMonkey"
wrote in message
How do you check if an excel file has been saved in VBA? That is, if I
have
an excel file open, what property tells me if the file has been saved yet?

I am thinking of an instance where I open a new workbook and forget to
save
it. I want to run a macro that tells me that although the file is open,
it
has not been saved yet.

Thanks