Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jim Cone Jim Cone is offline

Default Selecting OptionButtons

Geoff,
As Anne said: "spacebar"
Jim Cone

"Geoff" wrote in message
On further testing of Accelerator I have a problem.

I use a label to name an optbutton rather than its caption. When I set an
accelerator on the optbutton the function works fine. If I set an
accelerator on the label it does not, yet according to VB Help: 'If the
accelerator applies to a Label, the control following the Label in the tab
order, rather than the Label itself, receives the focus.'

Any further suggestions other than use the optbutton caption?

Geoff

"Geoff" wrote:

Jim
Thanks for the reply.
That works fine in this layout. I have a number of frames to test but up to
now it has performed as needed. Because of the number of buttons and
similarity of captions i guess i will have to be inventive with the key
letter.

Accelerator plus spacebar plus tab order should give me plenty options
(sorry - couldn't resist that) to play with.

Thanks to all for their contribution.

Geoff