Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JMB JMB is offline

Default Deleting a blank sheet in a workbook

I think you meant to turn alerts back on the end <g

..DisplayAlerts = True
End with

"anonymousA" wrote:

Hi,

you can make a loop on all worksheets and use the CountA function

with Application
.DisplayAlerts = False
For Each sh In ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets
If .WorksheetFunction.CountA(sh.Cells) = 0 Then sh.Delete
Next
..DisplayAlerts = False
End with

Be sure that at least one of the sheets contains data, for otherwise VBA
will return an error message , cos Excel can't afford the workbook to
have no sheets at all.

Regards

wolfdogg a écrit :
Hi all. I've got a VB program that is eporting SQL data to a workbook.
It loops to create a new sheet for every employee. It's working well...
but I still have some format issues to overcome. I'm ok with VB, but
the Excel syntax is all new to me as of this project.

As my code creates a new sheet first before checking for the next
employee, it finishes by adding a new sheet to the very end of the
workbook. I tried using: *ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.Delete*

Unfortunately, the program is jumping back to the first sheet before
deleting. This doesn't work well anyway, because finishes the code out
by prompting the user is s/he wants to delete before deleting.

Is there a way to search the active workbook and delete any sheets than
contain no data?

Thx!